The church was built in 1830 with voluntary contributions of the local tradesmen and craftsmen of Bitola. According to the request of the Turkish authorities, the church was supposed to be modest and plain building. Therefore, on the account of the outer poor appearance, the interior of the church is of rear beauty, decorated with polielei (church lamps), carved bishop throne and engraved iconostasis.

The iconostasis is done in the technique of shallow woodcarving in the middle of the 19th century and afterwards plastered and gilded. The master-woodcarver filled the whole space with elements of flora and fauna. The iconostasis is divided with spirally engraved columns. At the side galleries, in the eastern part, there are small paraklisi (chapels) to the north and south from which the second one is more interesting, because according to the style analysis, this iconostasis has the same features like the one in St. Naum - Ohrid that dates from 1711, so it is concluded that this iconostasis dates from the 18th century as well.

Currency convertor

convert

into